Thomas G. (Tom) Robinson is President and CEO of CBG Communications, Inc. For decades, he has worked with local governments, PEG Access organizations and other public-sector entities across the United States on broadband, cable television, telecommunications and right-of-way (ROW) management projects. He is a frequent speaker at telecommunications, local government, community media and technical conferences. Prior to joining CBG, Mr. Robinson was Director of Technology Development for River Oaks Communications Corporation, and he also served for 10 years as Chief of the Cable Regulatory Division for Fairfax County, Virginia. Earlier, he worked as a System Designer and then in product management for Magnavox CATV Systems, Inc. (acquired by Arris), and began his career in radio and television in Baltimore, Maryland and Syracuse, New York. He is a graduate of Syracuse University and Towson University and is based in Ridgewood, New Jersey. CBG also has offices in the Philadelphia Metropolitan area and St. Paul, Minnesota.
Mr. Robinson brings to CBG extensive experience in:
- Telecommunications, cable television, broadband, and technology review, analysis, survey, system development and other project tasks
- Reviewing the operations, facilities and equipment of PEG Access providers
- Negotiating with industry representatives
- Meeting and working with local elected and appointed officials and staff personnel
- Facilitating the activities of Advisory Committees (including both public and private sector representatives)
- Making presentations to City and County Councils, Commissions and Boards